Coquille casting is a casting technique, mostly executed manually
In coquille casting, permanent metal moulds are used, mostly consisting from two or more parts. With the use of a pour spoon a liquid metal will be poured into the coquille mould to fabricate the casted part.
The material choice of the moulds (mostly a steel kind) depends of the melting point of the metal that is to be melted.
Almost every Ferro and non-Ferro can be used with this casting method.
The advantages of coquille casting are:
- Suitable for small/middle series or quantity
- Weight from few grams to 100 kg.
- Wall thickness upwards of 3 mm.
- A high surface quality
- Suitable for simple casting forms
- Almost no need for finishing
Copyright © 2021 CWMetalcasting.com - Gerealiseerd door beko media