Lost wax casting
Lost wax casting is a casting process that usually is used for small casted parts or small components that demand a high tolerance.
The first step of this casting process is making a wax sample by using injection casting or rapid prototyping.
The second step is making a casting tree by connecting the wax forms to each other. Next, the whole casting tree will be coated with several ceramic layers.
The third step is putting the casting tree into an oven to melt the wax out of the moulds.
Finally the moulds can be filled with the liquid metal to produce the desired casted parts.
The advantages of lost wax casting are:
- Suitable for small to very large series
- Weight from 10 gram up to 2 kg.
- Wall thickness depends on complexity of component
- A very high surface quality
- Suitable for very complex forms
- Almost no need for finishing
Copyright © 2020 CWMetalcasting.com - Gerealiseerd door beko media