Gravity casting is a casting technique, where a liquid metal is poured into a mould without the use of external pressure.
The possibility of gravity casting is like injection die casting, as in not much finishing, accurate and thin-walled castings. Like injection die casting is the mould of gravity casting two-parted. The two-parted mould can be produced with a special core for cavities in the castings. This casting method is suitable for metals like aluminum, magnesium, copper, zinc alloys and iron castings.
The advantages of gravity casting are:
- Suitable for small/middle series
- Weight from a few grams up to 100 kg
- Wall thickness upwards of 3 mm
- High surface quality
- Suitable for complex forms
- Almost no need for finishing
Copyright © 2019 CWMetalcasting.com - Gerealiseerd door beko media